Thursday, March 19, 2009

Everybody is Somebody's Baby!!!

I work on adult units and pediatric units. A few weeks ago, one of my friends, who has been a doctor for 40 years (at least), asked me: "are you taking care of new babies, or old babies"? After thinking about this comment, I thought, everybody is someone's baby, and that is how I care for each and every one of my patients, as though they were my child, whether young or old. When I see someone on the streets, I think, that is someone's child. We all need to feel compassion and teach compassion to our children. This world is a tough one, and it looks like it is getting tougher with each day. I will continue my care and encourage many young people to become nurses. It is one of the most honorable professions anyone can commit to. I have a friend who over the last holidays helped serve the homeless dinner at the Los Angeles Mission. One thing about nursing is, that no matter what difficult situations I encounter at the hospital, every single time I enter the doors, I know that when I leave, I have given to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment