Friday, March 20, 2009

How did I ever survive motherhood?

I just responded to a question on Circle of Moms asking how to keep you sanity when caring for two children under the age of 2 years old. That is a tough question, and very hard thing to do. Once upon a time, my children were the ages: 7, 6, 5 and newborn. I've often thought, "I'm surprized they are still alive." First of all, they have so much energy, anything can happen, and I mean anything. My oldest was in the ER, I can't count the times, before the age of 5 because of his high energy, and "nothing scares me" attitude. My Grandson, now three years old, just broke his arm, jumping on a bed and had to have surgery last week. Little boys can get into some kind of trouble. I tried to keep them all busy with activities. Just know that you are doing the very best you can. You will be tired, you will think you are going crazy, and you will look back and wonder, how did I do that? But you will get through it and look back at it with endearment some day, and wish that you could recapture the time. I've thought, "we had everything" during those times. But the times were hard, and we are all still here at different stages of our lives now. One of my children is named: Rachel Morgan, M.D. and is now a pediatric resident. The boys are a different thing, still trying to figure life out. Who knows how long that will take, but you love them all the same!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment