Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Raising Children

Raising children has to be one of the most difficult tasks one ever has in life. You always feel a sense of responsibility, no matter how old they are. Even though all of my children are grown adults, I constantly wonder where they are, what they are doing, how they are doing, and if I don't hear from any one of them for very long, I am on the phone, hunting them down. Last week, my little grandson had a surgery, and even though I am a Registered Nurse, and the surgery was minor, I was on pins and needles throughout the event, until I knew he was okay. I spent yesterday with him, with his little cast on his arm, and I've got to say, I was spent at the end of four hours. I was more tired than if I worked a 12.5 hour shift at the hospital with the most difficult patients all night long. I think this is the plight of all parents, exhaustion!!! As I tell new mothers at the hospital when they say they are soooo tired, "I haven't had a good nights sleep in 28 years, since my oldest son was born"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment