Thursday, March 26, 2009

No matter what, I still just love em!!!!

Lastnight, I had two of my children at my house. Early in the evening, my oldest son said something like, "mom, can I borrow 20 bucks for diapers?" (Because they all have kids now). I said, of course, it is in my purse, just go get it and go to the store. Later in the evening one of my middle children says something like "mom can I borrow 20 bucks for gas?" and I of course, said it's in my purse. So, this morning, I go through the drivethrough at McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin because I had a 10 o'clock appointment, and was running late, and guess what???? I barely had $2 in my purse. Don't you just love 'em. This is just a warning to all of you young parents, it never ends. However, it does get better with some. My youngest son, has had a job for years, and has a roll of money. He's even been asking me about buying a house (because I am a licensed real estate agent, even though I no longer practice in the traditional form). And my daughter is Dr. Rachel Morgan, Pediatrician. The only problem with her is, that I never hear from her. She has to work all of the time, and when she is off, she is sooooo tired, because the hospital that she works at makes her work 30 hour shifts. So the committment to your children never ends. You can either set the limits now or later. And as you can see, sometimes, I haven't done very well at setting the limits. But I have noticed in retrospect, that if you set the limits and stick to them (which I've always had the problem with), they do respect you more in the end. But me, I'm a powder puff kind of mom and a real push over. And these two did run a sprinkler line across my yard and up a hill about a month ago, so I shouldn't really complain right now. These are just my experiences and my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment